Wide Grip Decline Barbell Pullover
This is an advanced exercise for the pectoral muscles (Chest). Similar to the Wide Grip Pullover, it targets muscles of the chest, shoulders and works the core muscles (abdominals).
- Lie on a decline bench with your feet higher than your head/
- Grasp the barbell with an extra wide grip (your hands near the plates) and starting at youre your upper thighs raise the barbell in an arc over your head towards the floor.
- Slowly return the barbell to starting position on your thighs.
- For an added benefit, squeeze the bar as though you were pushing the ends together this will help give additional muscle contraction.
- Do not go beyond a normal range of motion
- This exercise should be avoided if you are experiencing shoulder injury or pain.