This version of the squat uses an empty barbell and moves at a faster pace than the standard squat. This is a good exercise for building speed and conditioning used in running and jumping sports.
- Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your knees and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Drawing your abs in descend slowly by bending at the knees and hips as if you are sitting down (squatting).
- Lower yourself as far as you can control without letting your body shift towards your toes (this will cause you to loose balance).
- Pause in the downward position and slowly return upright to the starting position.
- Keep your feet firmly planted on the floor throughout this exercise.
Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings