This exercise uses a machine to insure proper range of motion. This is a good exercise for beginners and people rehabilitating from injury.
- Adjust the seat height of the machine so your upper arms and elbows lie flat on the pad.
- Draw your abs in and sit upright with your back straight.
- With your arms fully extended grasp the handles and pull them towards your body.
- Hold for a moment and then slowly return to the starting position.
- Stay seated and keep your feet firmly on the floor throughout this exercise.