Cable Hammer Curls - Rope Attachment
Using the rope with the cable machine allows you isolate the biceps with this version of the Hammer Curl. This is a good exercise for beginners.
- Attach a rope to a cable pulley to the bottom of the weight stack.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp the rope with a close underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Lower your arms fully to above your thighs and bending only your elbows, raise the rope to your upper chest.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Keep your elbows at your side throughout this exercise. Do not swing your hips or back during this exercise.