One Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl
A Preacher Curl uses a special bench to support the triceps and isolate the biceps to build the arms. This version uses dumbbells and single arm movements for better control.
- Adjust the seat of the bench so your arm is level with the top of the bench.
- Grasp a dumbbell in your hand with an underhand (palms facing up) rest your arm against the bench and extend it fully down.
- Keeping your arm on the bench at all times, curl the dumbbell up towards your head.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the dumbbell back to starting position.
- Switch arms and repeat.
- Perform this exercise in a slow controlled manner for best results.